Saturday, August 13, 2011

Everyday in Every Way...

I used to have a daily mantra which goes, "Every day in every way, I am getting better and better." It is now more true today than before. I can feel myself becoming better - health-wise, socially, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, and so on. And I have the Lord to thank! (Praise You, Lord!)

It makes me sad to hear the news that so and so has died. One such person is my niece (daughter of my deaf and mute cousin). She had cancer, stage 4. My brother and sister are going to the wake today. I wish I could come.

I do enjoy playing word whomp at pogo. com. I have been playing for hours these past days! But when I recognized that it was getting to be too much, I willed myself to do something else.

Embarrassing to say, I poohed again on my underwear yesterday and today. It's one of the side effects of my medicine - diarrhea. Oh well, as my doctors says, it's the lesser of evils.

I've been listening to YouTube and I just love the song, "I Will Follow Him" from Sister Act. (Wish I could see the movie.) Also, I often listen to Fatima Soriano sing "Mahiwaga" - the theme song from "100 Days to Heaven". [The blind girl was the same one who sang my song, "Mama Let Me Live. And just to remind you, it's on YouTube entitled "Nimia Gamo song only".]

Mom got mad yesterday at me for agreeing to get a check under my name but part of it goes to other people. I don't have a bank account except a checking account. So she was furious that she would have to go through so much trouble just to get the money. She talked to the agency's staff and yelled at her. Poor girl! And so I thought of a solution. I asked my son to pick up the check last Thursday and on Friday he had it encashed (he couldn't do both on the same day because he will go on overbreak). So, problem solved.

Today, mom was able to pay her credit card bill.

I'm expecting more payment within the month. Hope all months were like this.

Yesterday, mom bought pancit palabok from Little Quiapo plus chicharon and suman. Yummy!

Today, she bought fresh lumpia from Goldilocks, plus other food (shrimp and fried fish). I was able to eat the lumpia without puking.

A client-friend is asking me to read two interesting books. But I have to get instructions first from her before I start reading.

God is good! (all the time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind