Monday, August 29, 2011

More Plarking!

I continued to play and work today (hence, "plark" as mentioned in previous post).

I keep discovering new word games and they are all fun!

I got to chat with a top executive of an ad agency and told him, one of my frustrations is to be a copywriter. I don't want to waste my writing skills and "corniness"! Ha ha. He advised me to moonlight with ad agencies. I was waiting for him to say that his agency would try me out, but he didn't. Oh well, someday...

So, I decided that I will do creative exercises in the meantime. I just want to expand my horizons, and make full use of my brain (but not to the extent of being drained, of course).

I also got to chat with a female pastor, my nephew (who is also my godson), and a popular director. I just love FB!

Last night, I watched "Knight and Day" and enjoyed it thoroughly. What would you expect from a movie starring Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz? Full of action, some humor, and a bit of romance. My kind of movie.

Mom wanted tartar sauce with her fish fillet but didn't know how. Solution is simple! I searched the net and watched a YouTube video on "how to make tartar sauce". When I visited another site, it was practically the same recipe plus 3 other versions.

Want to know how to make tartar sauce? Ingredients are one cup mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (calamansi would do I guess), 1 tablespoon pickle relish, 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion, then season with salt and pepper. Put in ref for one hour before use.

I think it's high time I really learn how to cook. I will start with simple recipes. But I'm crossing my fingers, hoping this isn't going to be another "ningas kugon" (the closest translation I can think of is "touch and go").

My sister and niece visited. They brought me some tempura. Yehey! I have something for dinner already.

Mom went out this morning till early afternoon so she left me with P100 for lunch. I ordered beef kaldereta, rice and Coke Zero. Great!

My mom's masahista (masseuse) came today and massaged her from head to foot (not necessarily in that order). So, I need not massage my mom's feet today.

I texted my new friend saying "thank you" for the visit, the cake, and for paying the notary fee. I told him to feel free to drop by again when he is in the vicinity. He said, yes, he plans to visit again. Nice!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind