Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Family Reunions


Ever since I could recall, Christmas has always been spent with my family members - my extended family (including aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, nephews and nieces). Today was no different. I always enjoy the company of my family. I have been blessed with a close-knit family whose members do not mind seeing each other as often as possible. I would say we find time to gather together at least once a month...a special occasion like Christmas, New Year, our Dad's death anniversary, couple's anniversary, birthdays, etc.

It is like we have an insatiable desire to be with each other perhaps because we stayed together, lived together for the longest time. Once upon a time, we - my parents and us five siblings - lived together in a big house (I mean, home) in Diliman, Quezon City. Even when each of us got married one by one, we stayed in that place for as long as possible. Since it was such a huge house, we would invite many relatives, and even those from far away Batangas would come and visit.

Ah, Christmas! What a fun, fun day! A beautiful time to spend special moments which will be added to our special memories.

It's not just the food, of course. The shrimp royale, the lengua, the lumpiang sariwa, the kaldereta, the lechon, the pancit, the barbecue, and so on. It's not just the gifts and the cash distributed by older members of the family to the younger ones. It's not just the picture-taking, the wearing of nice clothes, the exchange of stories.

It's all about celebrating the birth of our Saviour TOGETHER as a united family, as one, no matter how many we have become. Like all the Christmases in the past, this has been a truly blessed day!

(And I was able to write about it in my blogsite in record time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind