Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Silence...Bagoong...and More

The other day I watched "Silence of the Lambs". My friend texted me with "Hello, Clarice". I texted back with "Huh?". He said "Famous line in the movie you're watching. Duh". Ha ha. Duh. I heard the line towards the end of the movie.

No wonder Jodie Foster and Anthony Hopkins won Academy awards for their performance. The movie won three other Oscars - best director, best writing, and best picture.

When I asked my son if he has seen the movie, he said "No". No wonder. It was produced way back in 1991 - he was only 3 years old!

-------

Last night, I went out with friends. It was Rica's birthday last Sunday and she treated us to Bagoong Club. Ronald, Noel, Kune and Adolf went. There also three co-workshoppers in a playwriting workshop under Nestor Torre in 2004.

Food was delicious as usual - adobo with kangkong, pinakbet, binagoongan, special bagoong club friend rice, sinigang, munggo with bulalo, etc. They ordered dessert but I refrained from eating because the leche flan and custard were both rich and sweet.

-------
I got into thinking...What if I reprint my first two books which did very well except that my publisher is rather "small time" they could not print many copies at a time? I shall ask for friends to be my co-publishers.

Also, I am already lining up my future books - "Turning Gold", "I Love Humor and More", "Fit for God" and maybe, just maybe "I Ain't Crazy (...Just a Little Cracked!) and "Mission: Possible!". Ha ha. Fickle minded me!

Am considering going into self-publishing. I have the time. I have friends. And I stand to earn more.

I want to be best-selling author in National Bookstore and other bookstores nationwide. I also want to sell my books abroad. Ambitious of me but I can dream, can't I?

Here's a beautiful quote:

"If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing."
—Benjamin Franklin


Why not both?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind