Sunday, July 5, 2009

30 day retreat

I "re-started" my 30 day retreat which Bo Sanchez is encouraging everyone to take.

I don't have marbles so I use colored paper clips for every day ( a total of 30) which i placed in a tin heart-shaped can. I put masking tape on top saying "My 30-day retreat". On the side, I wrote, "It's pure joy to be alive!"

I placed my yellow paper clip with smiley inside my duster's pocket. I kept touching it the whole day. I also kept squeezing a stress ball with smiley.

I wrote a list of things to do and I've cancelled out practically every item by now. My list looks like this:

...write three reports

...blog

...read the newspaper

...hear mass (TV and Internet)

...listen to Bible Reflections

...pray

...read Bible

...plan the week

...work on other writing projects

...plan fundraisers

...call up, email, and chat with friends

...be extra loving to my mom and son

WOW! All that in one single day!

I just learned that multiple myeloma has no known cure. Velcade will only prolong my life.

And so I take this 30 day retreat from a perspective of a woman who is truly dying even as I hope that God will heal me completely.

So here is my short, short prayer:

Lord,
I offer You this day
Every step of the way.

This, I have to say
It is bar none
A wonderful Day No. one!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Saw that you mentioned "Bo

    Sanchez" (or one of the books

    above in the list), if so - you

    might be interested to reserve

    your Nov 28-29, 2009 for a chance

    to hear him live/see him/have

    your books signed at the Araneta

    Coliseum for the once in a

    lifetime event "Dream Big, Win

    Big".

    It's a big learning event about

    "dreaming big in your life and

    using your core gifts to follow

    your dream". Yes it's a catholic

    event, there's mass and worship

    but there's also a lot of singing

    and dancing and comedy as well as

    the huge message on big dreams.

    See you or your friends there!

    Thanks. Ana.

    Conference Details at

    http://www.kerygmaconference.com
    Make sure you're subscribed to

    Bo's Blog and Newsletter:

    http://www.bosanchez.ph

    ReplyDelete

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind