Saturday, July 25, 2009

Long Lost Friend

Today, I talked for long hours with a long "lost" friend.

He's staying in the States now, I don't know which one.

I had fun talking with him.

Many times, I wanted to cry, because I realized I miss him soooh much.

How many more friends will I miss?

But more importantly, how many more will I get the wonderful privilege of reconnecting with through the magic of modern technology.

We reminisced about the past....what happened to each other through the years...what could have happened.

Oh, G.A.! If it had been us, could my life have gone a different direction?

He gave me a coloring book! (He remembered that I love coloring books!) I had fun coloring during "Who Wants to be a Millionnaire?" time.

He explained to me the difference between Republicans and Democrats. As he was explaining things, I realized I am neither (why should I be? I'm Filipino!)

He asked a lot about my manic-depression but avoided the topic of depression (too depressing).

I learned he had a heart attack. I told him how it was to be in a manic state.

He told me about his wife and two daughters. I told him about my ex and my son.

Oh, I don't know how many hours we talked but with a long lost friend, it just seemed minutes. I didn't want to hang up.

So, G.A. have a good life! You are likely to outlive me, so stay good with all the temptations of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind