Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Diabetext

Since I don't have any ongoing projects, I've had plenty of time to watch movies on TV. I got to watch "The Ugly Truth" (romantic comedy about the battle of the sexes), "And I Love You So" (romance starring Bea Alonzo, Sam Milby and Derek Ramsay), "Biyaheng Lupa" (story of passengers of a bus bound for Legazpi), and "Tanging Ina ng Pilipinas" (comedy starring Ai-Ai de las Alas with Eugene Domingo)...not necessarily in that order.

--------------
My son asked me to be part of his friend's thesis called Diabetext. I was asked to answer a pre-test, to record my blood sugar twice a day, and to record the times of the day I receive text messages from them. Basically messages like:

...add sources of starch like bread and crackers to your meal. Don't forget to drink water after.

...add a serving of fiber-rich veggies like ampalaya and/or fruits like banana.

...to keep yourself healthy, avoid eating foods high in sugar like jams, chocolates, cakes, pies, etc. A serving of these foods is enough (ex. 1 pc. of donut, 1 small slice of cake).

Well, I appreciate their concern for diabetic patients like me. It's beginning to work, I think because just today, I ate ampalaya and discovered that it tastes good after all.

-------------
Here's a cute photo:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind