Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Grandparents' Day


I no longer have any living grandparents.

And my son does not even have an official girlfriend yet.

So today, is my mom's day as a "Lola".

To celebrate, my sister's family (sans one daughter) came over and brought chicken barbecue (Coron recipe), rice, brownies, apple strudel, and softdrinks. We also had crab omelet, lanzones, and mangosteen to add to the feast.

They stayed for only a short while because one of my nieces had to watch a game.

I spent the rest of the day in front of the computer...and I chatted with an old friend.

I don't know if I will grow old enough to be a grandmother but I thank God for every day. For a Big C patient like me, every day is a blessing.

Reminds me of the winning entry in a writing competition which was turned into a video. The story is of a blind man with a sign "Have pity on me, a blind man". He gets few alms. Along comes a well-dressed stranger. He wrote something at the back of the blind man's sign. Suddenly, the beggar got a lot of alms, there was no space left on his can! When the stranger returned, the blind man asked, what did you do to my sign. The stranger said, "Nothing. Same thing, just changed the words."

What were those words? "Today is a beautiful day, but I cannot see it."

Made me cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind