Sunday, December 28, 2008

My Mission In Life


I have been commissioned to write a book entitled, "Mission:Possible!" Since it has been more than 4 years, maybe it should be called "Mission: Impossible!".

It's all about the importance of knowing your mission in life, crafting your mission statement, and learning about mission-aries (people who live and breathe their mission).

Since my very first published book (I have a total of three so far), I've written about MY own mission in life. After much reflection and meditation, I arrived at the following mission statement:

My mission in life is to be a joyful instrument of God's love and a loving instrument of God's joy through:

T - eaching
A - ppreciating
W - riting
A - ffirming
S - peaking
S - erving with a
S - mile

Yes, I enjoy teaching but not only in a professional sense. I feel I can best teach others by the way I lead my life.

I have long realized and recognized the value of appreciation and gratefulness. It is the key to joy. I also know that people long to be affirmed, and never get tired of it.

I believe that when one has been given a gift, he/she must use it to the fullest. The Lord has given me the gift of words - written and spoken. Hence, I am both a writer and a speaker. I have to hone both skills to bless the world and inspire other people.

And of course, we are all here to serve others - not grudgingly, but willingly.

If you haven't discovered your mission in life yet, let me leave you with this quote:

"There are two greatest moments in one's life:
The moment he was born
And the moment he discovers why."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind