Saturday, December 20, 2008

Something (More) To Thank About

I have three published books and the very first one is entitled "Something to Thank About". It talks about 15 categories of blessings that we should thank God for. What categories? Buy the book to find out (he he).

Today, I am feeling grateful. Lubos akong nagpapasalamat sa Diyos dahil...(I am very much thankful to the Lord because...)

...nilikha niya akong maganda pero hindi ubod ng ganda kasi mahirap ang kulitin ng sobrang daming manliligaw (He created me beautiful but not too beautiful because it is difficult being pursued by too many suitors)

...nakapag-graduate ako sa UP bilang pasang-awang magna cum laude (at hindi lang magna cum loud mouth) at ito ay isang karangalang buo kong maipagmamalaki hanggang sa aking libingan (I was able to graduate from UP as an almost-not magna cum laude...and not just a magna cum loud mouth)

...meron akong pinagkikitaan pero hindi naman ako super yaman kaya hindi ako target ng mga holdappers (unless they just want to hold my hand), carnappers (alaws na akong tsikot) at kidnappers (I'm no longer a kid, you know) [I have some sources of income but I am not super rich to be the target of holduppers...unless they just want to hold my hand, carnappers...I don't have a car anymore, and kidnappers...I'm no longer a kid, you know]

...squatter ako sa isang high-rise condo na may view ng sunset at madaling puntahan ng kahit sino - kasama na ang aking mga magiging tagahanga (I am staying for "free" in a high-rise condominium with a view of the sunset and it can easily be found by anybody...including my would-be admirers)

...marami akong mga talento tulad ng pagsasayaw, pagsasalita sa publiko, pagsusulat (ows?), pagko-color ng coloring book at sobrang dami pa [hindi ko na lang inilista rito kasi nahahalata nang hindi ako humble] (I have many talents like dancing, speaking in public, writing [really?], coloring coloring books and so much more...I'm not listing them here because it would be obvious I am not humble)

...marami akong mga katangiang kinagigiliwan ng karamihan ng nakakakilala sa akin - unang-una na ang aking sense of humor (talaga ha?), ang aking kabaitan, ang aking pagiging mapagmahal at mapagbigay, ang aking malambot na puso...kulang na lang ay ang mag-madre ako pero wala yatang kumbentong tatanggap sa akin (I have many qualities that most of those who know me like about me...starting with my sense of humor [oh really now?], my kindness, my being loving and generous, and my soft heart...what is lacking is for me to be a nun but no convent is likely to accept me)

...napakaraming nagmamahal sa akin - kamag-anak man o kaibigan - na sa aking pagkakaalam ay tapat at tunay...wala akong ni isang kaaway (kung meron man, scared silang magpakilala sa akin) (so many people love me...relatives or friends...who in my knowledge are all faithful and true...not a single enemy [if I had any, they are too scared to let me know])

...mayroon akong isang anak na lalaki na sobrang gwapo, mabait at magalang pag may kailangan, at may kakaibang sense of humor (mas nakakatawa pa siya sa akin, haay buti naman!) (I have a son that is so handsome, kind and courteous when he needs something from me with a unique sense of humor...he is even funnier than me, good thing!)

...ang aking beautiful mother ay ako pa ang pinagsisilbihan - siya ang aking cook, tagalinis, tagapalengke at taga-grocery, caregiver, messenger, collector, tagagupit ng kuko at marami pang iba (my beautiful mother is the one serving me...she is my cook, cleaner, wet marketer, grocery-goer, caregiver, messenger, collector, cutter of my nails and many more)

...ang buhay ko "sobrang layo" (in English, "so far") ay makulay, masaya, may halong lungkot at pighati siyempre para hindi naman ako masyadong kainggitan (my life so far is colorful, joyful, mixed with sadness and sorrow of course so that I won't be too envied)

...may Boyfriend akong nagmamahal sa akin nang lubos-lubos, ang pag-ibig Niya ay hindi masukat at hindi matitimbang...ang initials Niya ay "JC" (I have a Boyfriend who loves me truly, and His love cannot be measured or weighed...his initials are "JC")

For all these ang more, thank You, Lord! You are a God who cannot be outgiven!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind