Saturday, December 27, 2008

My Perennial New Year's Resolutions


Like most people, I come up with a list of New Year's Resolutions. Mine usually looks like this:

1) To lose XX number of pounds
2) To be healthier
3) To be a better Marketing Research Consultant
4) To earn XX amount of money
5) To save XX amount of money
6) To write a book
7) To write a screenplay
8) To write a stageplay
9) To write for magazines again
10) To have a boyfriend
11) To be a more loving person
12) To spend more time with my son
13) To read the Bible from cover to cover
14) To be closer to God
15) To be holy and chaste

...the list goes longer. But I have yet to experience a year when I was able to accomplish all my New Year's resolutions. In fact, the opposite usually occurs. By the first few months, my resolve has weakened and I totally discard my list.

Oh well, I wonder how my 2009 list of New Year's resolutions would look like? Abangan?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind