Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Happiness Project

I heard about the book and the site/blog, "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin. The book was a December 2009 bestseller and I don't wonder why.

I have subscribed to their newsletter. No harm in making a happy person happier. Ha ha.

Which leads me to ask, am I really truly happy?

Well, I would be happier if I were healthier, richer and had a special someone. But all things considered, I would say I am happy because:

1) I am living and staying in a conveniently located condo with two persons I love - my mom and my son

2) I get to enjoy sunsets any day I want

3) I love my job as freelance marketing research consultant and writer

4) I have four regular clients and several "irregular" ones

5) I have lots and lots of friends who care for me

6) I belong to a large extended loving family

7) I am in remission from my multiple myeloma

8) I have a computer of my own

9) We have two aircons and two TVs in our small condo

10) God loves me unconditionally and immeasurably...and so does He love you!

----------
Humor of the Day:

Mom has the habit of turning on the aircon after she takes a bath in the evening. When she was in front of the mirror right beside the aircon, she went all the way to the bed to get the remote to turn on the aircon. I laughed because she could easily have turned on the aircon by switching it on without need of the remote. Force of habit, she says.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind