Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Power of the Small

That's the title of a book but sorry, I can't recall where I came across it. Anyway, it's basically about the small things, the little deeds, that matter. These are acts of kindness to others.

I am grateful for the many opportunities that come my way to be able to do such "small" things. People ask me to pray for them or their loved ones. People ask help with things regarding the computer or the Internet. (I help search for the info that they need for instance.) I am willing to listen to friends in distress. People ask me to come up with creative ideas or to write various stuff - a letter, a poem, etc. People seek my advice and I am more than happy to give it. People ask me to comment on something they have done or written.

The list goes on...

But no matter the favor, I give it wholeheartedly. Yes, indeed, there is such as thing as the power of the small.

--------
A friend who visited me recently gave me lots of goodies- 2 bags of chicharon with special vinegar, peanuts, strawberry jam, dalanghita juice, sampaloc (tamarind), macapuno and ube balls. I immediately thanked him for his kindness and thoughtfulness! Mom was pleased, too, since she has a sweet tooth.

--------
Another friend came over yesterday and we had a Bibliarasal together. We prayed for each other and for our own needs. We thanked God for blessings received. We shared our reflections on the three readings for today. Then, we had some merienda. She was invited to a house blessing and she was the guest of honor. So, she did not eat a lot since there is sure to be a lot of food in the house blessing.
-------
My aunt gave me P500! I used the money to order food from a new restaurant in Shopwise called ICB (Inasal Chicken Bacolod). I ordered kare-kare, chicken inasal, garlic and plain rice, and Coke Zero. The bill was P464 so I said "keep the change" to the delivery boy. My son and I had a nice lunch.

Then, in the evening my sister and niece dropped by and brought four bottles of lotion. (I use lotion when massaging my mom's feet daily and we ran out of it.) They also brought grilled liempo from Grill Queen. Yummy!

-------
I finished reading "Sins of Omission"by Catherine Lanigan (sounds Filipino, right?). I enjoyed the book from start to finish but it's not a suspense thriller. It has romance, family, business, success, and vengeance in it. Nice read!

I am starting to read a new book, entitled "Mitigating Circumstances". Looks interesting, too.
-------
I am lifting excerpts from another book, "The Art of War" and I am looking for a nice powerpoint template for it.
-------
I noticed I haven't been sleeping that much anymore - no afternoon naps and I rise from bed each morning much earlier than before. That is probably because I am no longer taking thalidomide which causes somnolence or drowsiness. Yey, I have more time to work or play.
-------
I am glad that mom is no longer in pain. Her new doctor prescribed an effective medicine and she immediately felt better. Thank God for medicines!
-------
My mom is sound asleep right now. Me? After this, I shall play a few word games like Scrabble Sprint (at pogo.com) and Bookworm (at yahoo). Then, back to work.
-------
It's a nice Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind