Sunday, September 18, 2011

Of This and That

Each day, I wake up early to fix breakfast for my mom and myself. I boil water for her coffee. I prepare her food which is pandesal and something else.

From time to time, I put her hot compress bag in the microwave because the heat eases the pain. I really hope she will see her rheumatologist this Wednesday. It is my son's day-off and we can "borrow" my sister's driver and car.

I also prepare/"cook" lunch and dinner. I help when she bathes herself or goes to the restroom.

I am glad I am able to show I care for my mom. In a way, this is a small repayment of her sacrifices for me.
------------
I finished reading David Baldacci's "First Family". Suspenseful, interesting, informative even. Nice read!

Now, I have a choice between "Memoirs of a Geisha" (I have watched the movie) and "The Front". I am inclined to read the latter first.
------------
This afternoon I enjoyed watching Nestle's filmography, Kasambuhay Habambuhay. Funny, amusing, entertaining, heart-warming, touching, and more. I have just a few more to watch. I highly recommend that you view them in YouTube. You wait regret it, I guarantee.

------------
My youngest brother was supposed to come and visit but it seems that he couldn't due to errands (nine of them). As usual, it was my sister and her eldest daughter who visited. They brought pancit palabok, puto, grilled liempo, fish fillet, siomai, apple strudel and softdrinks. They helped clean up after. We have enough leftovers to last us for days. Yey.
------------
I might have a new project. It is a translation job. My friend recommended two translators from Ilocano/Cebuano to Tagalog. I will do the typing. So, part of the fee goes to me. I just hope there won't be a conflict with my FGD report.
------------
I have been reading Chicken Soup for the Soul stories (emailed to me regularly). I plan to write some stories. They will pay $200 per story. Not bad.
------------
I am exhausted but I feel good. Coz I've been good.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind