Sunday, July 18, 2010

Simple Acts

We don't have a maid. So oftentimes, my mom acts as my "personal" maid. She goes to the wet market, buys groceries, cooks, cleans, washes dishes, sweeps the floor. She also acts as my messenger and purchaser of items.

All because of my condition. I cannot bend. My back aches all of the time. I cannot take public transportation.

The things that my mom has to go through! Poor mom!

So, whenever possible I do simple acts of love like wash the dishes (I cannot stand for long periods of time so I do this at an "angle"). I also massage my mom's feet from time to time. And since she loves playing mah jongg, I play the game with her even if I end up with a very painful back.

When one is sick, it is easy to think that he/she is worthless or no good. But no! That is far from the truth. Take my case. I am afflicted with several illnesses but I believe that just by staying home, I can cheer up other people through text messages, phone calls, chatting.

I also use this blog to send inspirational thoughts and funny messages.

Here's one I got through email:

An Arab student sends an e-mail to his dad, saying:

Dear Dad

Berlin is wonderful, people are nice and I really

like it here, but Dad, I am a bit ashamed to arrive

at my college with my pure-gold Ferrari 599GTB

when all my teachers and many fellow students

travel by train.


Your son, Nasser


The next day, Nasser gets a reply to his e-mail

from his dad:


My dear loving son

Twenty million US Dollar has just been transferred

to your account. Please stop embarrassing us.

Go and get yourself a train too.


Love, your Dad




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind