Saturday, June 6, 2009

"Proof"


Once in a rare while, one gets to watch an impactful movie. Last night, I had the wonderful privilege of watching "Proof" on DVD. It's a moving story of a woman whose genius of a father (a renowned mathematician) has just died. But this father was also mad in a crazy way and she herself was scared that she may have inherited her own father's insanity.

The movie stars the beautiful Gwyneth Paltrow and the famous Anthony Hopkins. Perhaps, the reason I liked the movie so much is because I could relate to it. As a person afflicted with bi-polar mood disorder, I know how it is to be crazy. I am far from being a genius but they say there is a thin line between genius and insanity.

The other reason I liked "Proof" is that it is also a love story and I just love love stories! It's the romantic in me again!

Between "Elizabethtown" and "Proof", I enjoyed "Elizabethtown" more because it is more romantic and entertaining while I prefer watching "Proof" because it is deeper and more dramatic.

Two recently watched movies. Time well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind