Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Own Bakit List

Many people these days, especially those my age (about 50), are talking about their bucket lists. I don't have a bucket list due to financial constraints and health conditions. Instead, I came up with my very own "Bakit List". Here goes...

My Own Bakit List (Taglish version)

1. Bakit ako maganda at matalino? (to prove that God is a wonderful Creator)

2. Bakit ako mabait? (kasi maraming naging mabait sa akin)

3. Bakit ako mapagmahal? (kasi maraming nagmamahal sa akin)

4. Bakit ako mataba? (dahil sa mga gamot ko at matakaw ako)

5. Bakit ako poor? (to strive harder, enjoy the generosity of others, and appreciate the providence of God)

6. Bakit wala akong asawa ngayon? (kasi si Lord ang perfect man sa akin)

7. Bakit walang humahawak sa malasutla kong mga kamay? (same answer as above)

8. Bakit walang yumayakap sa akin? (sige na nga, kung may interesado, i-add mo ako sa FB)

9. Bakit ako pumandak? (dahil sa osteoporosis...para hindi ako sumali ng beauty contests)

10. Bakit ako may diabetes? (I have to be true to myself...I'm sweet, therefore, bawal...huh?)

11. Bakit ako may chronic recurrent bi-polar mood disorder? (as a manic-depressive, I will not exchange the highs of mania, and the lows of depression)

12. Bakit ako may 3rd stage multiple myeloma or cancer of the bone marrow (ewan, siguro, gusto na akong kunin ni Lord...but then again, I'm in remission, so maybe not).

My Own Bakit List (English version)

1. Why am I beautiful and intelligent? (to prove that God is a wonderful Creator)

2. Why am I kind? (because many have been kind towards me)

3. Why am I loving? (because there are many who love me)

4. Why am I fat? (because of my medicines and I eat a lot)

5. Why am I poor? (to strive harder, enjoy the generosity of others, and appreciate the providence of God)

6. Why don't I have a husband now? (because the Lord is the perfect man for me)

7. Why is there no one holding my soft hands? (same answer as above)

8. Why is there no one embracing me? (alright, alright, anybody interested, just add me in FB)

9. Why did I lose inches in height? (because of osteoporosis...so I won't join beauty contests)

10. Why do I have diabetes? (I have to be true to myself...I'm sweet, therefore, off-limits...huh?)

11. Why do I have chronic recurrent bi-polar mood disorder? (as a manic-depressive, I will not exchange the highs of mania, and the lows of depression)

12. Why do I have 3rd stage multiple myeloma or cancer of the bone marrow (dunno, maybe, the Lord wants to get me already....but then again, I'm in remission, so maybe not).

You, why don't you come up with your own "Bakit List"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind