Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A So-So Day

I had a so-so day today.

A client called to tell me we have a new project. Yehey!

I worked on another report which is due for presentation tomorrow.

I chatted with a friend online.

I shampooed my newly cut hair after putting on some scalp treatment.

I solicited online for donations to the annual gift-giving activity of God's Beloved Prayer Group at the Correctional Institute for Women in Mandaluyong. A few of my friends have already responded.

I called up past clients, and prospective employers, and even my headhunter for future projects and jobs.

I am reading a mystery book, entitled "Murder of Honor". Interesting.

Here are the poems, Jobert and I wrote the other day. This one is entitled, "Joy":

A certain feeling in my heart
That we’ll never be apart
You are so much a part of me
Together we shall always be

What did I do to deserve you?
A heaven-sent love so true
I thank God for giving you to me
Because your love has helped me see

My life is filled with happiness
And your happiness is my gladness
Loving you has taught me so much
That care begins with a gentle touch

All the hurts in my past are gone
Because you taught me to look beyond
My future looks bright
When love is in our sight

Troubles no longer plague me
For an encouraging heart has set me free
I am truly blessed for having you
Because with you my life started anew

And this is our first Tagalog Poem, "Kapayapaan":

Sa himig ng mga ibon
Sa ihip ng hangin
Ang tinig ng katahimikan
Dinig ko sa aking puso

Damdamin ko’y maligaya
Pagka’t lahat ay mapayapa
Pag-ibig ay ating dalangin
Pagmamahalan ay adhikain

Subalit saan ko matatagpo
Ang tunay na sinusuyo
Sa kagandahan ng buhay
Ikaw ang siyang tunay

Ang hanap ng ating kaluluwa
Ay kung bakit nilikha
Ang kasiyahan ng pagkaka-isa
Makakamtan ng lahat

Nagsisimula sa pamilya
Hanggang sa buong mundo
Nguni’t ang sanhi ng kapayapaan
Ay pusong marunong magmahal

*poetry by Nimia Gamo (purple lines) and Jobert Abiva (blue lines)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind