Thursday, September 2, 2010

Two Poems

Last week, I wrote a poem with three other people - Jobert, Lovely and Bien. It was Lovely's birthday so we entitled it, "A Special Day". Here it is...

Once every year, comes a special day

Thanking God for all the days that passed
For all the blessings, what can I say?
I’m grateful for the times with my family and friends

This day has been like no other
With a lot of happy saying from my mother
In joyful gladness as a family
My heart is full of glee

I saw a museum full of lovely paintings
I hear an orchestra, wow wow wee!
Filled with colors and music that makes me sing
And in my head an opus saw its birth

To cap the evening, I ate my favorite food
I’m having a joyous day!
The meaning of life I understood
Steadfast and glad shall I be come what may

Today, I grow older and wiser
Thankful to God my Maker!
This joy in my heart is Heaven
To Thee I offer my life now and forever, amen.

*poetry by Nimia Gamo (purple lines), Lovely Abiva (pink lines), Jobert Abiva (blue lines) and Bien Rivera (red lines)


I also composed a poem for Lovely all by myself. And the title is, "To My Lovely Friend".

Friend, Lovely is your name

As lovely as you are

I feel blessed to have met you

For you are beyond par.

I knew from the start that you are special

As special as a rare jewel.

I feel as if we’ve been friends all our lives

That I know you so well.

May God bless you on this special day

And the rest of your life.

For you deserve much happiness and joy

And peace in the midst of strife.

The living poets society is still alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind