Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Hat On Pacquiao

I number of people have suggested that I ask family and friends for financial assistance. Even if I am ashamed to do it, the fact remains - I want to live a long life, as long as I have stuff to do here on earth.

So I started talking to a few friends. It started with just one classmate who is also sick. She called up another batchmate who asked for details of my mom's bank account so the "local" classmates can start depositing their donations.

Then she asked me if I have relatives in the US whose bank account we can use for our batchmates to deposit their cash donations. Things are starting to happen and I am already claiming the miracles!

A funny thing happened. While I was talking to this friend over the phone, I said I felt flattered that she preferred to talk to me than watch Manny Pacquiao's fight with Ricky Hatton. "Oh you don't know yet?" Turns out, she knew the results as early as in the morning! She was tuned in to radio.

So I learned from her before seeing the actual "killer punches" that Pacquiao would win on the second round. I am as thrilled as the rest of the Filipino nation! Our hero!

Then, a thought occurred to me. What if I knew in advance what would happen to me? Would God be any less glorified? Will my life be just as inspiring as people say these days now that I'm faced with another trial?

Life is not a Pacquiao vs. Hatton fight. I cannot know in advance that I will actually win over cancer on the "second round" or the seventh or the last. All I know is that faith wouldn't be faith if I always knew everything in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind