Friday, April 10, 2009

Thoughts on Good Friday

Here are the results of my MRI

MRI of the Lumbosacral Spine

Sagittal and axial T2W, sagittal STIR, and coronal and sagittal T1W images shows multiple osteolytic lesions in the included spine and pelvic bones, the rest of the bone marrow segments showing increased fat signals. There are varying degrees of compression/fish vertebra configuration of the thoracolumbar vertebral bodies, more severe at T12, L2 and L4. There is also posterior bulging at the T12 vertebral body and endplates of most lumbar vertebral bodies, indenting the ventral aspect of the thecal sac at corresponding levels.
The conus medullaris and intradural roots are intact.
The spinal canal and exit foramina are not narrowed.
The ligamentum flavum is hypertrophic from L2-L3 to L5-S1. The L3-L4 to L5 - S1 articular facets are also hypertrophic.
THe intervertebral discs and other facet joints are unremarkable.
There is no evident spondylolisthesis.
The pre and paraspinal soft tissues are unremarkable.

IMPRESSION
1) Multiple Osteolytic Lesions and Osteoporosis in the included spine and pelvis, with compression deformities as described
2) Metastases, Myeloma and other Myeloproliferative Disorders are the usual considerations
3) Flaval Hypertrophy, L2-L3 to L5-S1
4) Facet Hypertrophy, L3 - L4 to L5 - S1
5) No evident spinal canal or neuroforaminal stenosis or intradural lesion.

Sounds Greek to me and even after I searched in the Internet, I just got the feeling that I have bone cancer! I can't wait to hear my Neurologist explain things to me.

It is Good Friday and I spent most of it working. It feels good to work but at the same time I feel guilty for not properly spending the day the way a good Catholic should. I just listened to Bible readings and two reflections for today.

My reflection is: My God loves me so much, He went through such great lengths and tremendous suffering! My response to that is not guilt but gratefulness and love - how can I not love back such a loving God?

Thank You, Lord, for Your unconditional, fathomless, bottomless love for me and all mankind.

I love You very, very much! I ask only for many opportunities to express my love for You. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. hope everything will be ok. just say yes to god's perfect plan for you. happy easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, my friend! Happy Easter to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind