Saturday, April 25, 2009

Susan, Elaine, Lea, and I

No, we don't know each other from Adam (nor from Eve).

Susan is Susan Boyle, now the much talked-about, sensational contestant of Britain's Got Talent. She is 47 years old, single, unemployed, overweight, and most people would say, ugly (kinder souls would describe her as "plain"). But when she sang "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables, I cannot remember hearing a better version of the song! She has got tremendous talent! Susan may not look it, but she is bound to be a professional singer...as she had dreamed.

When asked who she wanted to be as successful as, Susan answered "Elaine Paige". Elaine who? Of course, us Filipinos are not expected to know her but I looked her up in the Internet and indeed she is a big shot - a British actress and singer, known for her awards and achievements on stage/musicals. She is a producer herself. Out of curiosity, I listened to her sing "I Dreamed a Dream" - great voice, polished...but I like Susan better.



And Lea? Our very own Lea Salonga. I watched her sing "I Dreamed a Dream" in YouTube as well. There is a wonderful combination of beauty and talent - not only can she sing, she can act as everybody knows by now.

And me? Where do I fit in? I don't sing but I would love to. Nobody enjoys my singing. I am a year older than Susan but I can say I'm much prettier than her. What have we got in common aside from us being single? We both have dreams. She wants very badly to be a professional singer. Previously, nobody gave her a chance. Now's her opportunity at fame.

In my case, it's quite the opposite. I used to dream of being famous and popular someday. Now I have given up that dream. My dream is to lead a simple life making as many people as possible happy, spreading love and happiness everywhere.

No, it's not likely that Susan, Elaine, Lea and I will ever meet. But we are all living our dreams, reaching out for our dreams. And you? What are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind