Thursday, April 28, 2011

Change of Plans

There has been a change of plans. Instead of Tagaytay, the family is going to Subic. There's not much I can do there either. I really don't want to do much walking so I will just stay some place and read a book or solve Sudoku. Try to enjoy the view and the cool breeze.

My mom bought me a pair of shorts and a sleeveless shirt for the outing. She adjusted the length of the shirt and added swatches on the armpit area because my bra would be showing. Thanks, mom!
--------
I revised a report today. It is not that badly written...except that I saw a few errors in analysis. I will take another look before passing it on to my boss.
--------
I was chatting with a friend who just came from Singapore. I looked at their pictures and saw some of the food. Hmmm, how mouth-watering! Made me really hungry. But there's not much to eat because mom is too tired to cook. So I said I'll be fine with corned beef.
--------
I looked up serendipity on the Internet and definitions include:

- the faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident
- an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident
- good fortune, luck
- when you find something that you were not expecting to find
- the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for
- a seeming gift for finding something good accidentally
- the act of finding something valuable or delightful when you are not looking for it

I watched the movie "Serendipity" several times and it does justice to the word.

My thoughts are that people who have this faculty, aptitude or gift, are those who are open to the wonderful surprises of the universe. These are the people whose minds, hearts and spirits are eager to absorb the pleasant discoveries that come their way.

I would like to think that I am one such person. Funny though, I cannot remember of an incident of my life which is serendipitious. Maybe because the valuable, desirable, and fortunate discoveries were not usually by accident but sought for by me.

Either way, here's adding to your vocabulary. And gift or no gift, may good fortune fall upon you.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind