Friday, April 15, 2011

An Uncle Turned 70

Instead of finishing my report, I went with my mom to Bicutan. It was my uncle's 70th birthday yesterday. Mom helped in the preparation of the food.

I was tasked to say a prayer, as follows:

"Thank You, Lord, for gathering us all together on this 70th birthday of Danny del Prado.

Thank You for the many happy years you have given Danny and Nene and their two children, Dewi and Dallah.

We, the friends and family of Danny are happy to celebrate the fact that at 70, he is as handsome as ever.

Please bless this sumptuous food before us, bless those who prepared this food, and bless those who have nothing to eat.

Bleass us O Lord and these thy gifts which we are to receive from thy bounty through Christ our Lord, Amen."

They said it was a beautiful prayer but my voice and hands were shaking all the time! I must do something about my "nervous shakiness" (or is it shaky nervousness?).

Food was plentiful - chicken salad, lumpiang shanghai, kaldereta, lechon, lengua, fish, pancit, chop suey, chicken lollipop, and different kinds of dessert.

I watched a DVD of Celine Dion. Nice!

I barely slept during the night. "Namahay" as they would say.

We borrowed eight books. Yay.

As regards my report, the Client said no hurry. It's Holy Week next week anyway and they will not be able to see the report. Another yay.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind