Sunday, January 25, 2009

Blogging is for _______ People!


"Blogging is for dead people!", said Mario (Not his real name). When I asked why, he said, "Because you guys don't have a life! You've got nothing to do but blog."

On behalf of all the bloggers in the world, I say, "I beg to disagree!"

Of course, we have a life. Otherwise, what would we put in our blog?

There are different kinds of bloggers. There are those who talk about events in their life - past, present and even their dreams for the future. These are the "journal-ists". A good number of my former students in UP belong to this type. Ah! To be young and be full of passion and angst and goals and frustrations...an interesting read. Of course, those who are much older have much to share, too, about their life.

There are bloggers who use their blog to display their creative talent like most of those joining the OWOH (One World One Heart) blog event. You should visit their sites! Beautiful works of art indeed!

And then there are the special interest bloggers like the travel bloggers, the food bloggers, etc. You see a lot of pictures in their posts.

There are bloggers who specialize on humor, those who specialize on inspiration, or both just like (ehem) yours truly.

And of course, there are the professional bloggers who make oodles and oodles of money from their blog. These are usually the experts in their field who get thousands of visitors on a daily basis.

Being a new blogger myself, I like visiting other blogsites and reading other people's blogs. I am having so much fun, it is my new hobby! And I am gaining new friends all over the world, too.

Hopefully, when I have enough readers (in other words, "fans"), I will come up with other products like an e-zine, or e-book, or a book, or...The possibilities are endless!

So, blogging for dead people? Not on your life!

1 comment:

  1. I blog quite often and I seriously thank you for your
    content. This article has really peaked my interest. I am going
    to book mark your site and keep checking for new information about once a
    week. I subscribed to your Feed too.

    Also visit my homepage - X Ray Technician Salary

    ReplyDelete

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind