Thursday, January 1, 2009

My January 2009 Resolutions

This year, I've decided to do something different. Instead of coming up with a long list of ambitious New Year's resolutions, I will have a list of monthly resolutions - relatively easy to accomplish but meaningful things to do. So here goes...



This January, 2009:

...I shall be tidier and neater by throwing something/some things away (that I don't really need or haven't used for at least 6 months) every day

...I shall learn how to cook at least one dish a week

...I shall pray the rosary, write in my prayer Journal, and do Bible reflections daily

...I shall write something - not just on this blog - be it a book, screenplay or stageplay (not necessarily finishing it but continuing it or starting it)

...I shall learn something new on a daily basis - anything (regarding the Internet, marketing research, writing, etc.)

...I shall do something nice and sweet for my mom - massage her feet, scratch her back, help her in the household chores, buy pasalubog, and so on

...I shall spend quality time with my son whether at home or outside

...I shall do charity work like collect donations in cash or kind for the Women's correctional in Mandaluyong, donate stuff for He Cares Foundation (and if possible, join the tutoring), and maybe, visit the New Beginnings NGO for abused children

...I shall simplify my life by getting out of certain websites and e-groups that I don't really need to be a member of

...I shall try to be as healthy as I can in terms of mindful and wise eating, proper exercise, and taking of medicines

There you have it...short and easy. My Ninang Corit loves to say, "By the yard, it's very hard. Inch by inch, it's a cinch."

Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind