Wednesday, January 7, 2009

What My Nephew Was Doing


In yesterday's post, I placed my very first video on this site. It was taken by my Kuya Noel last Christmas.

That one video was not just about my youngest nephew, Joaqui (although he sure was the star of the show). It was about...

...a happy family enjoying each other's company

...spending a special day with loved ones

...children having fun, young ones playing (ah! to be young again...I mean, to be that young again!)

...the young "once" playing mah jongg (a popular Chinese game - is it a form of gambling? Naah, how can it be, when the winner was not paid a single centavo!)

...we even had a resident "Santa Claus" who is an Uncle wearing a Santa hat simply to hide his "barren scalp" so to speak

...that is me in red and black (great profile huh?) - it's good you couldn't see my puffy eyes because I used old make-up applicator on my eyelids the previous day

...a lot of laughter (not the nervous kind, but real, unrehearsed, spontaneous laughter from young and old)

...a lot of eating (that was just food on the dining table that you see, there was still plenty left on another table - what can I say, us Filipinos just love to eat!)


So what was Joaqui doing? He was playing hula-hoops using a Wii console. What I want to point out is that his cousins and other relatives were cheering him on and giving encouraging words, "You can do it!" plus on-the-spot instructions on what to do.

That's my corny lesson for today: When we tell people, "You can do it!", it sure would help if you gave tips on just how they can do it. (Profound, huh?)

2 comments:

  1. When we tell people, "You can do it!", it sure would help if you gave tips on just how they can do it.

    Very true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nica, kamusta na kayo ng "ex" mo? Send me a pic of you in your short hair.

    ReplyDelete

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind