Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I Saved a Life

The following letter was faxed to me on October 1, 2002 at 6:30 pm. I am sharing it with you unedited except for a few translations.

Attention: Nimia Gamo Yumol

Dearest Ma'm Nimia,

I dropped by to a bookstore this afternoon and there my attention was caught by your book entitled, "Something to Thank About."

At first I was in doubt to buy it for I only have P150 in my pocket but I felt it was so interesting so I bought one.

The fact is I've just finished reading the whole book and you know I haven't refrain from crying. I cried in the sense that I've been facing a lot of trials and pains. I was even asking if there's still GOD. Am so helpless and don't know what to do until I read your book.

It really enlightened me. It strengthened my faith and changed by outlook in life and it happened just now. Kasi (because) if you only know ma'm I almost kill myself to escape from my problems.

I am writing just to thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so much grateful to God that He uses someone to save me from a hopeless world. Thank you very, very much for an encouraging book you have written. I won't forget you for the rest of my life, ma'm Nimia.

Because of you, nagkaroon uli ako ng pag-asang mabuhay at harapin ang mga problema ko. (Because of you, I was again given hope to live and face my problems.) Again, thanks a lot, more power and may GOD bless you always!!!

"Tania" (not her real name)

-----
It was one of the most heartwarming, touching, world-changing letters I have ever received! When I wrote my first book, how was I to know that it had the power to prevent a woman from taking her life?

Each of us has that power to influence others - in small ways, in big ways. Who knows? You who are reading this blog could be the next "life-saver"!

4 comments:

  1. Inspire more people, write more books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How wonderful to recieve such a letter and transforming another beings life with your written words. I love that! That lets you know God is working through you. A goal for us all.
    Tammy ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Twin and Tammy for your encouraging words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great information, i was searching of this kind of information, thankyou very much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind