Thursday, February 5, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


These days, one of the most popular social networking sites is Facebook. I've just been tagged by my friend, Mina, to write "25 Random Things About Me" [and I'm supposed to tag another 25 people in Facebook].

To save two birds in one stone, and before I can actually figure out how to do the tagging, here are my 25 random things:

1. When I was young, my favorite color was red. Now that I am much older, my favorite color is blue - electric blue to be specific.

2. My very first non-Filipino crush was Mark Lester (the guy who played Oliver Twist) when I saw a picture of him in a magazine.

3. I prefer Chocnut to Ferrero Rocher.

4. My dream car is a Toyota Vios (brand new or "previously owned"), in electric blue of course.

5. The only place I have gone to outside the Philippines was Taiwan - and only for four days.

6. I have never been to Boracay or to Palawan. Nor have I seen the Banawe Rice Terraces.

7. I love fish balls, squid balls, kwek2 (?) [orange-colored quail eggs], dirty ice cream, balut. Street food galore!

8. I enjoyed reading Nancy Drew much longer than Mills and Boon.

9. Before going to class in high school, I would pass by the chapel and pray, "Lord, give me a boyfriend."

10. On my very first party (first year high school), I met a guy who became my pen pal who became my crush but who did not become my boyfriend.

11. At different periods of my life, I had lice, split ends, dandruff, falling hair and now - white hair!

12. On the street where we lived for the longest time, there was this half-court (basketball court). As a young girl, I was so conscious of guys, I would bow my head whenever the car passed that court.

13. For me, the ads I love most are the romantic commercials of Close-Up (the likes of Gino Padilla's Closer You and I) and the funny ones (too many to mention).

14. I love to dance and the type of dance I enjoy most is swing! (To the tune of "Last Dance", "Souvenirs", "Back In Your Arms Again" - not necessarily in that order)

15. I've been writing poetry since grade school but I was most prolific in high school and college when I was either "love struck" or "heart broken".

16. If I were given 3 wishes, I would ask for - Wish No. 1 - Wisdom. Wishes no. 2 and 3 - If I had wisdom, I would have no need for the other two wishes.

17. Humility isn't one of my many virtues.

18. I would always be asked to be the Treasurer in class because I was good in math and trustworthy (daw) [so they say].

19. My idea of funny is witty; poking-fun-at-oneself; punny/corny is totally acceptable. But NOT green, brown, and making-fun-of-others.

20. I wish I could have met in person one of my favorite saints like St. Therese of the Child Jesus.

21. Procrastination is among the things I don't like about myself...but I'm working on it. Just give me time.

22. Between diarrhea and constipation, I prefer to suffer from balisawsaw (frequent urination).

23. I admire Piolo Pascual for his looks, John Lloyd Cruz for his acting prowess, Martin Nievera for his singing talent, and Ariel Rivera for all of the above.

24. I will NEVER run for president...because I have a bad back.

25. For me, the greatest invention is the computer/Internet...but let us not forget that God is the Supreme Creator (who created the greatest inventors).

3 comments:

  1. I also admired Ariel Rivera at one point when I was a kid. Charming kasi e, noh? Haha :D
    Although I preferred Hardy Boys over Nancy Drew back then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl ako so mas nakarelate ako kay Nancy Drew. Ikaw, type mo yung Hardy Boys kasi you can imagine how cute they are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, hindi naman po. Maybe because tomboyish-me then was averse to giggly/pa-cute girls my age that time :))

    ReplyDelete

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind