Saturday, February 14, 2009

Not So Loveless on Valentine's Day

It's Valentine's Day! (As if I have to remind anyone.)

Nope, I didn't receive any flowers, chocolates, balloons...not even fishballs! No man called up to say "I love you, sweetheart! Happy Valentine's Day! Where would you like to go for breakfast, lunch, merienda and dinner?"

But I did receive a few text messages from friends - all girls (sigh).

And I did have a Valentine date. The most handsome guy on Planet Earth! My very own son, of course!

We just ordered Shakey's Pizza. (Try their Pizza Bianca...it's dellllicious!) We also had a basket of mojos. And I had Caesar's salad and a can of Coke Zero.

Food with the person I love most in the world! What could have been better?

It's a good thing though that we decided not to go out. I would have turned green with envy had I seen many couples holding hands, kissing in public, embracing and hugging each other...the women holding red roses or a box of chocolates. And that unmistakable "I feel on top of the world because I am very much loved!" look...uuggh! Kakainggit! (How enviable!)

But then, I am one for counting my blessings. I have my son. I had my fill of sumptuous food from Shakey's. My mom paid for the most part of the bill. Friends texted me.

Not bad really for someone who is without someone special as of the moment. Here I go again. Still hoping. Still dreaming. (If you have been following my blogs, you will find me contradicting myself so pardon me.)

Well, if it's any consolation, I'm not the only "loveless" but loved person in the world! In this regard, I have plenty of company.

Happy VD, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. "Well, if it's any consolation, I'm not the only "loveless" but loved person in the world! In this regard, I have plenty of company."

    Please count me on that one. Happy VD! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind