Thursday, February 26, 2009

To Be A Somebody You're Not

No, I'm not going to talk about hypocrisy today.

Remember the get-together I went to last Saturday? Well, there I met the husband of a batchmate in Maryknoll (named Joy). His name is Paul. He is a salesman of telecommunications products. Joy and Paul have twins.

What is interesting about Paul, aside from his being very good-looking (see picture), is that he is the brother of Matt Dillon. Yes, the actor. My friend, Tina, kept saying, "This is the closest we will ever get to Hollywood!" I asked Paul to recommend me should Matt would be interested in getting a scriptwriter.

It occurred to me that it must be difficult to be related to somebody famous. As in as famous as a Hollywood actor like Matt Dillon. Everybody seemed more interested in Matt than to Paul. Poor Paul! Of course, he must be used to it already.

As for me, I don't know if I can handle being the relative - much less the sibling - of somebody really famous. I don't know if I can deal with the comparison. I don't know if I wouldn't mind not being accepted for who I am but more for who I am related to.

Boy, am I glad to be me! I'm glad to be Nimia Gamo and not Nimia Dillon (unless I were married to Matt myself ha ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind