Friday, March 6, 2009

The Cleansing

Yesterday, I talked about taking a bath. Today, I did something infinitely better!

Nope, I didn't go to the sauna nor the spa. (My experience with the former is limited and believe it or not, I've never gone to a spa. That's how "simple" my life has been and will continue to be.)

Given up on guessing?

I availed of the Sacrament of Reconciliation. In terms more understood by many, I went to Confession. It has been exactly a month since my last Confession and my sins have accumulated. I'm back to my holiness trip or shall we call it my trip towards heaven.

Well, in this day and age, temptations about. I'm single (again). Pretty. (Oops, sorry, Lord for my lack of humility.) There are still vultures hovering around at my age. You get my point. And there are so many sins - of thought, word, and deed. I fall easily in the area of ______.

That is why lately, I've been reading up on the saints again. My favorites are Padre Pio, St. Therese of Lisieux, St. Francis of Assisi and Mother Teresa. I get inspiration from their lives, their works and prayers. I may not - and need not - be canonized someday but I do want to be as holy as I can possibly be. If it means bearing all my sicknesses and offering all my pains and hardships for the souls most in danger of not making it to heaven, so be it.

Thank God for the Sacrament of Reconciliation! It's much more cleansing than a cool, refreshing bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind