Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Birthday -- Extended!

Even if I still have that loooong report to finish, I decided to take the day off today to have fun.

I went out with my best friend (Amy), her mom, their maid, and another friend (Cel). Both Amy and Cel gave me birthday presents - a stuffed toy, black pants and a bag. (Hey, I just gave away a stuffed toy and a bag. What goes around, comes around!)

We watched "You Changed My Life" starring Sarah Geronimo and John Lloyd Cruz. Funny and kakakilig romantic comedy! A fitting sequel to their movie. We enjoyed the movie, to think that the two senior citizens with us paid only P1.00 each.

Then, we ate at Flavors of China in The Block. Food consisted of kropek, house tea, garlic rice, birthday noodles, sweet and sour fish, mixed vegetables, beef with brocolli, and lumpiang shanghai. Total bill was less than a thousand for all five of us. Not bad, considering that I didn't pay a single centavo! And of course, I enjoyed the company.

I went to National Bookstore to buy two books out of the money that my sister gave me for my birthday. Then my friends accompanied me to the taxi that brought me home.

But I'm not exactly home right now. I left my keys and apparently my mom is out of the unit so I am writing this in the internet cafe on the ground floor. Thank God for businesses such as this!

So, considering that I should be working, I don't feel exactly guilty for taking the time to have fun. Sometimes, when blessings come, we should welcome them with open arms!

Thank You, Lord, for this fun, fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind