Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sad News, Bad News

Yesterday, at 5:30 pm, the father of my sister-in-law died of cardiac failure. Capt. Jake Ortega was a much loved man and will surely be missed by family, friends, co-pilots. It makes us sad to think that just last year, he and his wife, Tita Mimi, celebrated their "surprise" 50th wedding anniversary. They both looked so happy then. I remember they even danced sweetly like newly weds.

Now, Tito Jake's death took everyone by surprise because he was a healthy man for his age (74). My mom dreamt of him waving goodbye. The following day, he died. Fourth time that mom had such a dream prior to those persons' passing away.

Goodbye, Tito Jake! We will all miss you!

Now for the bad news. My red blood cell count and hemoglobin continue to be low and are even lower than the last reading. Woe is me! To think that we spent a lot of money for the injection with a higher dose and a new medicine I had to take twice a day. Now I have to continue both plus try a once-a-year injection worth five figures. When will all these end?

But not all is sad news, bad news. Projects are coming in left and right. I am thinking of either giving up my Office Manager job or striking a compromise with the general manager - can't I be virtual manager some days and report for work just a few days a week?

In the midst of the gloom, there is a glimmer of light. Let's hang on to that light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind