Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Temporary Job

I've just been tasked to be Office Manager of a research agency for a month. For the next four weeks, I will be waking up early again, go through traffic, be in the office by 9 am, work, off by 6 pm. then go through traffic to go home.

The job is relatively easy and I am likely to have plenty of free time. So, I was allowed to work on other projects while physically present in the office.

Ahh! To be the "boss" for a brief period of time. In a way, it's an answered prayer because I have had little income the past few months. And if I do well, I could be assigned the same job in the future, not just for the same agency but for others.

The pay is not that high but good enough. This plus my income from other projects in the pipeline plus collection of some receivables should almost wipe out my debt to my mom.

I look forward to dealing more closely with marketing researchers. Sometimes, when you are an analyst doing reports within the confines of your home, you miss the human touch so to speak.

Exciting! God is good! Life is great!

2 comments:

  1. Hello was just surfing and passed by you page today. Oh the trials of the work place. But without that boredom sets in. Keep the pipeline flowing. good Luck. Thought you might like my page too. Stop by and see how I keep boredom at bay.

    http://filipinoasianmedia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by. I visited your site. Something different. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Leave an honest comment but if you can't be honest, be kind